Wednesday, August 26, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance Canada Top 20 Show

I have wanted a tattoo like this for a couple years now. "Stay Gold" Classic!!!!!!!
I have to start this off by saying i loved Leahs dress .It was super cute! Anyways i'm just going to start it off by going right into the performances tonight.
Tara Jean & Everett: Jive*Lust for life,Jiggy Pop
I thought the dancing was a little sloppy by Everett, and a little to stiff by Tara Jean. They looked like they were having fun, but i found them a little disconnected as partners.

Amy & Vincent: Samba* Batcucas, Mitoke Samba
Right from the begining when they messed up the lift, i felt it went down hill. It was awkward watching them. The judges thought they pulled it off, but i was left feeling quite dissapointed.

Melanie M & Cody: Contemporary* Taking Chances, Celine Dion
I think she is a much stronger dancer and might have pulled back a little. I was completely nervous for the lifts, but i think they are a cute couple and will get the votes.

Kim & Emanuel: Hiphopish* Here comes the Hammer,Mc Hammer
Besides the shitty song choice i thought they did fairly well. I think he stepped up and i was surprised by him.


Corynne & Anthony: Vienese Waltz* The Time of my Life, David Cook
Again, besides the shitty song choice, i thought it was a very pretty dance. I think he was a little bit stronger, but overall a good start.

Natalie & Danny: Hiphop* Get Buck in Here, Dj Fellie Fel & some others (Ludacris!)
She was totally buck and he just wasn't. I think he was trying really hard, but it just wasn't that great. The good news is she was so super buck, that i barely watched him!

Jaime rae & Daniel: AfroJazz* The Path,Ralph Macdonald
I loved it. I thought it was super cool and unique. Everything about it was right. The judges were right on, it was the best piece of the night.

Jenna Lynn & Nicolas: Disco* Waking up in Vegas, Katy Perry
I actually thought it was super hot. I was happy with it, and i thought picking a more popular song was a smart choice aswell.
Tatiana & Austin: Capuetta?* Segura O Coco, Alex Capoeria
I thought he did a fantastic job.His movements were alot more natural while hers seemed a little forced. I love Paul Beckers Choreography.

Melanie B & Taylor:Tango* Diferente,Grotan Project
I thought it was ok, i don't know though it was a little to intense, and then with the blood in the mouth it just became awkward. I'm not much of a fan of her, but i think he has potential.
My Ranking order:
1. Jaime Rae & Daniel (totally cool piece)
2.Jenna Lynn & Nicolas
3.Melanie & Cody
4.Tatianna & Austin
5.Natalie & Danny
6.Tara Jean & Everett
7.Corynne & Anthony
Bottom Three and dancing to stay in the competition:
8.Kim & Emanuel
9.Amy & Vincent
10. Mel B & Taylor (Going Home)

Final comments of the night: The judges need to stop being so nice! Especially Jean Marc, he just had the oddest things to say. I had to fast forward through some of his commwnts. It was to much praise, and the dances were not all that great. Blake reminds me of Mia Micheals when he talks. I swear they sound exactly alike. Overall it was an ok show, hopefully it will be a little bit better next week.

Miles from last season and the talented choreographer Paul Becker!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home