Sunday, November 08, 2009

SYTYCD6 Top 20 Introduction

Meeting the Top 20. I loved this idea to introduce the dancers. I loved it until i heard that the next show was going to be performances and eliminations. I hate that the judges are eliminating without the public voting. There is also a new stage which i am not loving. Its not as open and its more like a stage which will be harder to get the atmosphere i like. Anyways, each member gets to dance in a group routine in their own style. Its fabulous! They started off with a group routine which was alright, but it wasn't the best top 20 i have seen. There were a few mistakes and hands being missed and such.
Group 1 Russell (Krumper), Legacy (B-Boy) & Kevin (hip-hop/locker) Beggin' (District 78 Remix) by Madcon
It was a really fun routine. They all looked like they were having a ton of fun. They definitely like to perform and this makes me really excited for these three this season.
Group 2 Channing, Jakob, Ariana, and Nathan (Contemporary) Crying by K.D. Lang
It was so pretty and it made me a fan of all four of them I think the two females where a lot weaker, but they still really good. I really liked Jakob the most.
Group 3 Peter, Bianca, & Phillip (Tap) Take The "A" Train by Ella Fitzgerald
I just have to say ,that Everett from SYTYCD Canada would have kicked these three tappers asses. I'm not sure if i liked the routine. Bianca definitely is the best of the group. I also don't understand why they can't do tap routines on the show, when in Canada Tara Jean learned tap for a routine. I don't think it would be to hard to learn.
Group 4 Mollee, Pauline & Ellenore (Jazz) On A Cloud by PPP
I thought this group sucked. It was not a sexy dance and the outfits sucked. They weren't in unison for any of it, and they all just danced without even working with eachother. Not good.
Group 5 Victor, Noelle, Billy, & Kathryn (Contemporary) Viva La Vida by Coldplay
There were a lot of fumbles, but there was so much in this routine. I didn't like the choreography, i thought it was to all over the place. The first group of four was much better.
Group 6 Karen, Ashleigh & Ryan Di Lello (Latin ballroom) Everything I Can't Have by Robin Thicke
This was a fantastic routine. The chemistry was great, and routine was fun.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home