Friday, October 23, 2009

SYTYCD Canada Top 4 Performances

Group Dance: Cabaret* Theme for Gypsy (Shivas Regal) Sonny Lester & His Orchestra
I thought their unison was terrible. The routine itself was ok but it wasn't as good as it should be at this stage. These are suppose to be the top 4 dancers in Canada. The choreography should ave been better, and the dancing should have been better.
The Guys:Hip Hop* B.O.B. -OutKast
I wasn't super excited when i heard what genre they were doing but when it started it was totally cool. They both surprised me. Everett especially hit the floor hard and has that swagger. Overall it was a good piece.
Tara Jean & Everett* Jazz* Say (All I Need), OneRepublic
I really really loved this dance, that little fall isn't going to cost her because through the entire dance you could feel the emotion. These two dancing together is incredible. To me ,they are like the Dominique and Sabra, and the Katee and Josh kind of couple.
The Girls: Mambo* Ran Kan Kan -Tito Puente
I didn't feel the energy from them. The dance was ok, but it didn't showcase their amazingness.
Jaime Rae & Vincent*Contemprary* Can't Stop Thinking 'Bout You, Martin Sexton
I think she made this piece. She really never does anything wrong, and Vincent was ok.
Tara Jean & Vincent*Hustle * Last Dance, Donna Summer
I found her a little nervous, and technically lacking,I'm not sure if it was because she fell in the previous dance , or if she was a little hurt.
Jaime Rae & Everett*Samba* Run the Show, Kat DeLuna
I think this dance had a crazy amount of tricks and it might have been the kiss of death for the both of them.
Everett Solo: It was an awesome solo, i love tappers!
Jamie Rae Solo: It was alright, not as good as some of her past ones.
Vincent Solo: As usual his legs went crazy!
Tara Jean Solo: It was the best solo of the night.
My winner is Tara Jean. I didn't really like her in the beginning but throughout the top 12 she has been great. Her personality makes me want her to win. I think Jaimie Rae will come in second because she really has done nothing wrong in this competition. For third its a toss up really ,they are both amazing dancers, and genuinely nice guys. They both adapted to every genre really well ,and in their each styles they are great.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

great article. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did you hear that some chinese hacker had hacked twitter yesterday again.

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home